We were expecting it to be rather a damp weekend but although we have had a few showers, most of the time it has continued rather dry and not too cold. It was warm enough yesterday to sit out in the garden for a while. I also took the time to earth up the first early potatoes one last time.
I have been working flat out today as there is so much that needs to be done in the house, polytunnel and garden. Here is what I have managed to do so far:
– Pot up lots of squash and cucumbers.
– Pot up a huge forest of tomatoes.
– Pot up all the bell and chili peppers.
– Plant out brussels sprouts into the vegetable beds.
– Plant out peas and beans into the forest garden.
– Add some companion plants to the polytunnel.
– I have also planted a few more lettuce seeds and pak choi to keep supplies going.
Lovely flowers are springing into bloom in the polytunnel on the peas and beans and all around the garden.